SECTION 1 - Information collected by Modmopolitan and How it is used
We only collect personal information that is relevant to the purpose of our website, which is to enable creative people to print and share designs for textiles and other products and to share other information and ideas as a community. This information allows us to provide you with a customized and efficient experience, inform you about new products and creative ideas, to remember your preferences, to provide for the security of our site and users, to process transactions and perform under agreements between you and Modmopolitan, and to improve our services. We do not process this information in a way that is incompatible with these objectives. For a complete list of the information we collect, where it is stored and which, if any, third-party processors have access to the data, please see our Data Map. The following summarizes the types of information we collect from Modmopolitan visitors:
- Information You Provide to Us:
- We receive and store any information you enter on our website or provide to us in any other way (e.g. via e-mail, fax, etc.). You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our features.
- Registration: In order for you to use some Modmopolitan services, such as viewing order history and saving custom designs, you must complete a registration form. As part of this registration form, we require you to provide certain personal information, such as your email address and to select a unique screen name that will be used to identify you throughout the site.
- Profile: To allow you to express yourself more creatively, we may enable you to provide additional information, such as a bio, favorite links, and profiles on other sites. In addition, you may choose to include photos of yourself in your profile. As indicated below, in the section titled "Sharing Your Information", you can control how your information is displayed and used within the Modmopolitan website.
- Purchases: If you purchase materials or other products or services from us, we will collect and use your shipping address, billing address, and phone number and credit card or other payment information to facilitate your purchases through our website. We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to encrypt the data you provide to us while placing an order with us online. In addition to encrypting your credit card information while it is transmitted to our payment gateway, for your security, we do not store credit card information in our database.
- Automatic Information:
- We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. Modmopolitan and its agents and third party providers (identified in the Data Map) automatically receive and record certain "traffic data" on their server logs from your browser including your IP address, the page you requested, how long you visit a page, how many times you visit a page, information you search for, browser type, browser language, and the date and time of your request. Modmopolitan uses this traffic data to help diagnose problems with its servers, analyze trends, monitor compliance with its Terms of Service, improve its service and administer the website.
- We have no access to, or control over, cookies stored on your computer by other third parties.
- Modmopolitan may collect and, on any page, display the total counts that page has been viewed. This includes Profile pages.
- Many companies offer programs that help you to visit websites anonymously. While Modmopolitan will not be able to provide the experience we hope to provide if we cannot recognize you, we encourage you to be aware that these programs are available.
- Modmopolitan may use cookie data and certain pseudoanonymized data about use of the Modmopolitan website and services to improve the quality and design of our website and services and we may track and analyze user preferences and trends to create new functions, promotions and services for the Modmopolitan website. We may provide aggregated and statistical data about our users and use of our website and services to third parties for such purposes as Modmopolitan may deem appropriate from time to time.
Except as expressly set forth herein, we will never provide your email address to an unaffiliated third party without your explicit permission, but we may use third party service providers who work on behalf of or with Modmopolitan to provide services to you, which third parties may be granted access to your email address and other information in order to provide the services. For example, we use MailChimp, a third-party service, to maintain and administer our email list. We require that these parties agree to use such information solely for the purposes of providing Modmopolitan’s services, that they take adequate measures to protect the security of the information, and we use reasonable efforts to limit their use or access to such information.
Modmopolitan may send out emails with news, products, offers, surveys or promotions. You may also receive notification emails from Modmopolitan that inform you of actions (e.g. message notifications or when your design sells) that have been performed on the site. If you do not want to receive email from us, please visit the Email Preferences section of your Profile and/or follow the instructions contained in the unwanted e-mail message. However, please note that in all cases you will continue to receive all system emails (e.g. those regarding forgotten user passwords or order confirmation emails) and legal notices (e.g. updates to our policies) from us.
SECTION 2 - CONSENT
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no (ie: opt out).
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by request. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailing us at:
159 Token House Rd Durham North Carolina US 27703
SECTION 3 - DISCLOSURE
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
SECTION 4 - SHOPIFY
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service (https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms) or Privacy Statement (https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy).
SECTION 5 - THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
SECTION 6 - SECURITY (KEEPING YOUR INFORMATION SECURE)
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. Your Modmopolitan account information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. Protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer by logging off once you have finished using a shared computer.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
SECTION 7 - COOKIES
Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so you that you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not.
_session_id, unique token, sessional, Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
_shopify_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
_shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart.
_secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
SECTION 8 - CHILDREN UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE
If you are accessing the site from the EU, you must be 16 years and older to register to use the site. If you are accessing the site from the United States, you must be 13 years and older to register to use the site. Spoonflower does not specifically collect information about children and the website is not directed to children. If we learn that Spoonflower has collected information from a child under the applicable age, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you are under the required age, we will only process your information upon receipt of verified consent from a parent or legal guardian. We recommend that anyone under the applicable age required by law, ask and receive their parents' permission before using Spoonflower or sending information about themselves or anyone else over the Internet.
AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
SECTION 9 - WAYS TO CONTROL USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- As stated previously, you can always opt not to disclose information, but then you may be unable to use certain features on our web site, such as publishing your own designs.
- By visiting your Profile, you can access, correct, amend, add or delete personal information on our website. When you update information, however, we often maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records.
- You may also manage the consents you have provided by visiting your Profile and selecting the “Privacy” tab.
- The Privacy tab will also enable you to request access to your data and allow you to download a copy of the data for your own records or to transfer as you please.
- You may also request deletion of your Modmopolitan account by emailing us at email@example.com or visiting the Privacy tab described above.
- At any time, you may object to Modmopolitan’s processing of your personal data and/or request a restriction of further processing. Such requests can be made by contacting us utilizing the contact information below.
- If you do not wish to receive email from us or other Modmopolitan members, please visit the Email Preferences section of your Profile and/or follow the instructions contained in the unwanted email message. However, please note that you will continue to receive all system emails (e.g. those regarding forgotten user passwords or order confirmation emails) and legal notices (e.g. updates to our policies) from us unless you request a deletion of your account.
- Withdrawing your consent, as described above, will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent. We also reserve the right to keep any information in our archives that we deem necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
SECTION 10 - INTERNATIONAL PRIVACY LAWS
SECTION 12 - DISPUTES
If you are visiting our site from the European Union, you have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, contact your local data protection authority.
For any visitors to our site from the European Union, CCJG Group, LLC DBA Modmopolitan Co is the data controller for purposes of applicable EU Law and can be contacted at:
CCJG Group, LLC DBA Modmopolitan
159 Token House Rd
Durham, NC 27703